Saturday 10 March 2012

Q5) How did you attract/ adress your audience? colour etc...


Using my audience research as my guidelines, i feel i attracted my targeted audience through a respectable amount of ways.One in which i attracted my target audience is through all the conventions in my front cover. This is illustrated as i carefully choose two model's who i felt fit my perfect description that fell in the three genres, also they are roughly the same age as my target audience. So my audience could associate and relate themselves with my two models. My models are attractive, this helps attract the opposite sex as well as my target audience. Both models are wearing different styles of clothing that represents the three genres associated; one of the models are wearing a base ball jacket and her hair is in a Afro curl. The jacket looks quite masculine this contributes to the male audience also towards Hip hop and R'n'b. However the other model is wearing a yellow jumper and a denim waist coat over it, she is also wearing a colourful body con skirt; this looks more feminine whereas the use of colours clashes. Giving a funky look to it. I also introduced a rainbow eye shadow which symbolises individuality; each colour represents a specific style that fits into the genre of these music.



Another way i attracted my target audience is by keeping the focus on the hip hop, funky and R'n'b music theme. Additionally, i used well known names in my magazine to attract my audience and issues that i felt was relevant and would appeal to my target audience, for e.g. one of my cover line includes a well known R'nb singer "John Legend : contributes towards charity". I also included a new artist as well such as Jacob Latimore to keep it contemporary and opened. similarly the headlines in my contents page included a sample of a eyeshadow inspired look as it is also relevant, as it includes a mainstream well known artist "Nicki Manaj". It also shows how i can circulate different aspects into music e.g fashion plays a main role in music as each genre of music has a specific look.







Throughout my magazine i used different san serif fonts to give the magazine a attractive and sophisticated look, which i feel works very well with the genre of music. I used a san serif font i downloaded from dafont.com and added edition's to the mast head using photo shop effects such as (drops shadow , bervel emboss). Also as the magazine message is 'The Unexpected', this is translated to readers as they feel that they are encouraged to express their unexpected side of them. This is also introduced by the selling line (slogan) ".. believe in the unexpected...".




Similarly, i also used a graffiti font (from dafont.com) when i was introducing the main cover line. This would attract my audience because the font is bold, appealing, and is easy to read.It is also very different to the other cover line fonts which makes it stand out.



Another way i attracted my target audience was through the colour scheme of my magazine was mainly based on re, yellow, blue, white, and black as these are the colours associated to the genre of music. The majority of colours are bright likewise i had to use some dull colours like black, as i didn't want my magazine to look to Bright. i had to use black and white to tone down the bright colours as the main image its self is very bright, and i want the min image to talk for itself not the writing. I also attracted and addressed my target audience through the type of language i used. throughout my magazine the majority of the time i used formal standard English which would engage with both audience however i also introduce colloquial language in it as i am targeting a young audience as well. I chose to make my magazine versatile in the sense that everyone in American and England are not restricted to certain words and phrases such as 'SWAGG'.




on my contents page i attracted my target audience by keeping relevent and interesting information consistent, likewise it is very well organised and is placed into a specific category's thereby allowing them to read on because it easy easier for them to know what they are looking for as it would be in a specific genre. Everything is set clearly with readable, suitable size of fonts so the audience wouldn't have a problem reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment