Saturday 10 March 2012

Q3) what kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


in reference to the publishing house case study i conducted in the planning and researching stage of my coursework. I think http://www.futureplc.com/ productions would be more likely to publish and distribute my magazine, as they distribute magazine's and different area's of media products. They was also was awarded grand prix and digital publisher consumer in 2011. So this is another advantage as they are mainstream, also it would be more likely for my magazine to be distributed to all my target audience which indicates a wider audience as it would be globally seen.




this publisher are most popular for their kinds of music, and as my magazine is based on a different genre to Future PLC ''Future’s music-listening brands Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and Revolver'' from this quote it clearly highlight's the type of music genre's they distribute. I feel the fan base of future PLC would find it interesting as it is some thing new, also it could withdraw some of the fan base towards my magazine, likewise my audience would be with-draw with their music genre as well. This would both profit me and PLC as we would be sharing and entertaining both audience. As a result of this i would have a wider audience and a more successful magazine. In the long term this would be fanatically beneficial to PLC as there would be an increase in advertisements and sponsorship because my genre of music draws in a different audience.


 I would most probably distribute my magazine in film, book or music store such a block buster, WHSmith, HMV or a corner shop such as a retail store.The reason for choosing this is because block buster is one of the most biggest media store and it is global. Also by selling my magazine in well known retail stores such as WHSmith it can alter the chances of my magazine being distributed successfully as it in local areas. This makes it easier for the audience to get a hold of as they do not have to travel far to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment