Saturday 10 March 2012

Q6) What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?




From the process of constructing this product i learnt many things about technology that helped construct my magazine, that i was unfamiliar with before. Firstly through the process of constructing the magazine i learnt the basic and how to use a canon E0S 400D camera to take all my images i also used a bowens gemini esprit gm500 for the flash kit i also used a 60cm soft box to comunicate with each other using a radio trigger. One of the conventions i followed from a real life magazine is to take all my images vertically. I mainly struggled on keeping the lenses on focus as my images consisted on a lot of movements. All my images were taken in separate locations to give it  consistency of excitement. This could be argued that i have challenged conventions from a real magazine, as stick to one location. However some magazines consist of different backgrounds for each image. I also decided to use different backgrounds for each image in order to get different lighting's effects. Also in order to create my desired effect and good quality of images.I had to be aware of the timings i would take my picture as some of the images were outside. One things i was not in control of was the weathering and the brightness outside, so i had to be prepared and fully equip for the actually day of the shoot. I had to stay consistent and stick to the same make of the camera in order to get the same consistency of quality of images, this could prevent any pix elated images from occurring.

another technology i found i had learnt alot from is the use of photo shop, as my skills on photo shop was very poor as i was unfamiliar with photo shop before the constructing of my college magazine. I used photo shop CS3, to construct my music magazine.


One complex technique i have learnt was to edit the photograph and its background . In doing this i had edited the lighting and contrast of the picture. Another thing a did to prevent spreading the image across the magazine is click on the image edit - transform- the scale.
step 1. on photo shop to edit my image i, selected an area of the blue background
2. went transform -> scale. i enlarged the selected area
3. i then clicked on layer-> merged down. in doing this it placed the separate images together.
4.then select polygonal, select and join around the area you need to edit.
5. go on select and modify->feather-> place a number you want example. 25.
6. go on filter-> blur-> Gaussian blur 

I also learnt that photo shop was very useful in creating JPEG files which was need to upload images on to my blog, as photo shop is not accepted onto blog because of the amount of memory it consists.


I also made my own  borders using polygonal lasso tool  from photo shop as i helped me draw accurate straight lines in order for my product to look more presentable


I also used the graph as a guideline for my magazine as i need to be very accurate with the placing of my text and images

Similarly, in photo shop, i learnt how to use the stroke tool and drop shadow, which helped in making a particular text and out and look look 3 dimensional for example my mast head. i felt it was really simply and easy to use, but i finding it was quite difficult as i was not aware in the beginning that you had to double right click the layer [text] is in the hand hand column where all the layers are placed.



No comments:

Post a Comment