Saturday 10 March 2012

Q7) Looking back at the preliminary task what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to a full product?


since doing my preliminary task i have learnt many skills that have helped me progress to the full product. One of the main things i have learnt that has drastically improved the quality of my magazine is following the conventions of a real magazine and how to present the layout to a high standard in order for it to look appealing. Looking back at my preliminary task it did not look like i was fully aware of the conventions of a real magazines as it looked really poor.for e.g. the masthead and the cover lines are the same font, also the text are right at the edge of the magazine this makes it look very unorganised likewise the cover lines are slightly blending in with the main image.

One of the main tools i have progressed in from my preliminary task to the full product, that really helped enhance my music magazine was the use of photo shop. When making my college magazine i was unaware of how to use photo shop. Analysing different real magazine had really helped my get ideas on how my music magazine should look like, also through the use of photo shop it had helped me to my advantage as i was able to edit images to the standard of a real magazine. Unlike my preliminary task i was not able to manipulate my pictures or use photo shop to my own advantage as i was unfamiliar with these tools.

my preliminary task only consisted of a front cover and a contents page. however my music magazine consist of a front cover magazine, a contents page, and a double page spread.

Through the progression of my preliminary task, i have learnt how to fully attract my targeted audience through the conventions. i felt i had done poorly in my preliminary task as the does not give off any signs or symbols that represents any genre's or a specific audience.I learnt how focus on a particular social group. My music magazine circulated around three specific genre's, so i was able to narrow down and categorise my target audience and target group. my preliminary task consist of a wide audience most specific people in education. roughly the age of 16-19. This meant that i had to research my target group and present my magazine in a way were it will appeal to my target audience.

Since my preliminary task i learnt how to use canon E05 400D camera effectively to my advantage, in taking good quality pictures. with my preliminary task i was unaware on how to keep the camera into focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment